Texas Hold Em’ Update November 28, 2006Posted by dpcough in Xbox Live Arcade.
This week’s Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays game will be… an update to Texas Hold Em’, nothing to get to excited about but this will help the game out a bit and speed up gameplay making it more fun. Xbox Live Vision Camera support is also being released early 2007.
- Post the blind and play right away! – Players can now, if they wish, start playing immediately when joining a table by posting the big blind, rather than having to wait for the blind to come to them.
- New ‘Away’ mode – Players can now set their status to ‘Away’. Hands will be auto-folded and blinds auto-posted until the player returns.
- New ‘Auto-boot’ mode – Players who continuously let the timer expire (more than three times in a game) will be booted from the table.
- Faster overall pacing – Timers and messaging durations have been adjusted to speed up game-play among experienced players, but still allow novice players plenty of time to play.
- Improved blind structure – Initial blinds, as well as blind increases, are now more proportional to table stakes, ensuring more meaningful increases during game-play.
- Matchmaking improvements – Players are no longer matched into games they cannot afford.
- Improved interface controls – Improvements to controls, such as increasing/decreasing stake amounts.
- Leaderboard display – A player’s full winnings and rank are now properly displayed.
- Art and text improvements – Game art and spelling issues have been addressed.
- Online exploits addressed – Certain known exploits that enabled cheating have been addressed. As a result, the online multi-player leaderboards will be reset to eliminate inflated scores as a result of these exploits.