CES Keynote Highlights January 9, 2007Posted by dpcough in CES 2007.
Here are the highlights and summary of the CES Keynote:
- In little over a year on the market we sold over 10.4 million Xbox 360 consoles in more than 37 countries.
- The Xbox Live community has eclipsed 5 million members, with over half of all consoles connected.
- Over 100 million pieces of standard and high definition content have been downloaded from Xbox Live Marketplace.
- This holiday Xbox 360 owners had more than 160 games to choose from – the strongest first year lineup of games in console history.
- We had a record-breaking attach rate of 5.3 games sold per console.
- Gears of War has sold more than 2.7 million copies after only 8 weeks on the market and won numerous Game of the Year awards.
- Xbox Live Arcade had more than 20 million games downloaded to date
- With more than 5 million members, Xbox Live is well on its way to our stated goal of 6 million Xbox Live members by June 2007.
- The average Xbox Live Gold subscriber has more than 21 friends
- Every day there are 2 million messages (text/voice/picture) sent across the Xbox Live network.
- Over 70% of Xbox Live members are downloading content from Xbox Live Marketplace.
- We remain on track for 13-15 million units shipped by the end of FY07 (through June).
- This year we’ll more than double the 160 games available today, including Lost Planet, Forza Motorsport 2, Crackdown, Mass Effect, Too Human, Shadowrun, Bioshock, Guitar Hero 2, Dance Dance Revolution Universe, Assassin’s Creed, Blue Dragon, Project Gotham Racing IV, Grand Theft Auto IV, and the most anticipated title in gaming history … Halo 3.
- We’re bringing the Xbox Live community to Windows this summer, enabling tens of millions more to join the fun and delivering on the promise made by Bill Gates at last year’s E3.
- On stage we showed for the first time, through a game of Uno, what the Live experience will be on the PC, and how it enables casual and hardcore gamers alike to connect with their friends regardless of what platform they’re on.
- The Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive is the most affordable HD DVD player on the market and it’s selling out at retail.
- HD DVD is quickly becoming the format of choice for consumers, with an industry-leading projected annualized attach rate of 28 movies per player.
- The Xbox 360 is the only gaming console to offer high definition downloadable movie and TV content, rocketing to the #2 internet download service and #1 where it counts – in the living room, and in high definition.
- With over 1,000 hours of content, we’re posting content as fast as we can “ingest” it into the system, with high definition downloads leading the way.
- Just recently, COMEDY CENTRAL Senior Vice President Caleb Weinstein announced that “In nearly two months, Xbox Live has become our second highest performing digital distributor.”
- Now, even more content partners are lining up to get into this service, including new addition Lionsgate will bring an all high definition movie line-up to our rapidly growing digital library.
- We’re bringing the next generation of TV to Xbox 360 with IPTV. Shown for the first time running on a Xbox 360 at CES, IPTV unlocks the potential of TV with a much faster, easier and simpler experience. This combination delivers a complete connected entertainment experience as we saw on stage with voice chat and game invites sent and received while watching TV. And with DVR, you can accept an invite and get in a game without ever having to miss your favorite show. With over 16 partners testing or deploying this software in test markets, it won’t be long until this 1-2 combination hits the mainstream.