Shadowrun Fact Sheet March 6, 2007Posted by dpcough in Microsoft Games, Xbox/ Xbox 360 General.
Here is a long fact sheet on Shadowrun. Click more for the full fact sheet.
Publisher: FASA Studio
Developer: Microsoft Game Studios
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, and CD-ROM for the Windows Vista™ operating system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: First half of 2007
Overview: Rewrite the Rules of Engagement
In “Shadowrun” players vie for supremacy in an intense first-person shooter (FPS) experience that rewards cleverness, cunning and split-second improvisation through a unique combination of modern weapons, ancient magic and advanced technology. FASA Studio, the creative minds behind “MechWarrior®” and “Crimson Skies®,” and John Howard, lead designer on “Halo®,” are back with “Shadowrun,” the new multiplayer FPS based on the much-beloved role-playing game (RPG) franchise. Up to 16 players can battle together across Xbox 360 and Windows Vista™ through the Xbox LIVE® and Games for Windows® — LIVE gaming and entertainment network.*
Features: ● Rich legacy brought to life. After a 5,000-year absence, magic has returned to the world of 2021, and global corporations battle a relentless ancient order to harness this reawakened power. Be a part of the RNA, a global megacorporation, and bring order (and profit) to a world of chaos. Or join the Lineage to keep magic wild and free at all costs. Choose a side and wage war for the future of magic in the new world of “Shadowrun.”
· Gameplay: Changing Magic and Tech. Dive into a universe where ancient magic co-exists with deadly weaponry and experience a revolution in FPS gaming. Upgrade your character by purchasing advanced technology and magic for each round in an extraordinary arms race to improve your abilities and open new tactics for your team. Magic and Tech offers these capabilities:
o Enhanced Vision: Use your cybernetic eye to spot your enemy through walls.
o Teleport: Teleport through obstacles and behind your opponents in the blink of an eye.
o Resurrect: Bring fallen comrades back into battle and link their life-essence to yours.
· Intense cross-platform multiplayer action. For the first time, Xbox 360 and Windows Vista gamers can compete as a team or as foes. “Shadowrun” tears down the walls between friends and gamer communities on the console and PC by allowing up to 16 gamers to play together, regardless of platform. Not only does “Shadowrun” bring these communities together, it allows gamers to answer the eternal question, “Which is the more efficient FPS control scheme, controller or mouse and keyboard?” “Shadowrun” also brings together the features gamers love on Xbox LIVE, such as gamertags, achievement points, friends lists and integrated voice, onto the PC through Games for Windows — LIVE.
· Four ancient races with unique strengths and weaknesses battle in 3-D environments. Humans are joined by elves, dwarves and trolls in a battle for supremacy among soaring corporate towers, warren-filled slums and an ancient ziggurat of power. Strike a balance on your team with races possessing unique abilities that complement your weapons and tactics. Battle in 3-D spaces that allow cunning uses of spells and techs such as Glide, Teleport, Gust and Enhanced Vision.
· The ultimate online (and offline) battlefield. Fight against or alongside AI teammates or join up with friends against all comers via System Link and Xbox LIVE. Fill out your team with intelligent AI characters that respond to your tactical commands and provide an unparalleled team experience. Train offline with the robust AI, or play through a host of training sessions as you master the magic and technology of “Shadowrun.”
Information: Steeped in a deep history of innovative online games, FASA Studio is composed of the extraordinary talent that brought gamers “MechWarrior,” “MechAssault®”, the first game to debut on the Xbox LIVE service, and “Crimson Skies” for the PC and Xbox®. Leading the design team on “Shadowrun” is John Howard, who was also lead designer on the first “Halo.” Just as “Halo” broke ground in being the first great shooter on the console platform and the first to integrate vehicles into FPS’, together FASA Studio and Howard will again break new ground with “Shadowrun” by being the first to successfully implement gameplay-changing mechanics such as Teleport, Enhanced Vision, Glide, etc. as well as creating the first ever FPS that connects players on Xbox 360 to Windows Vista gamers.
* Cross-platform play requires Xbox LIVE Gold account and hard drive (on Xbox 360), or Games for Windows — LIVE Gold account (on Windows).
The information contained in this fact sheet relates to a pre-release product that may be substantially modified before its first commercial release. Accordingly, the information may not accurately describe or reflect the product when it is first commercially released. This fact sheet is provided for informational purposes only, and Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the fact sheet or the information contained in it.
Microsoft, Shadowrun, FASA Studio, Xbox, Xbox 360, MechWarrior, Crimson Skies, Halo, Windows Vista, Xbox LIVE, Windows, MechAssault and Xbox are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and/or other countries.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.