Aegis Wing for Free May 12, 2007Posted by dpcough in Xbox Live Arcade.
*UPDATE – Aegis Wing will in fact release this Wednesday, we had the story before a lot of people!
According to Kotaku on Gamerscoreblog there was a press release posted by mistake revealing a future XBLA title that will be free of cost to all users, Aegis Wing. “Aegis Wing” is a 2-D side-scrolling space shooter that combines epic space combat with fantastic visuals, and is set to a rich symphonic soundtrack. It was a student product selected to be on XBLA by Carbonated Games, the makers behind million copy seller UNO. Here are the features:
- Amazing environmental art
- Full symphonic soundtrack
- Up to four-player simultaneous cooperative multiplayer gameplay, either locally on the same Xbox 360 console or over Xbox LIVE
- Ability to attach your ship to your wingmen’s spacecraft to gain the “turret” ability and increase the firepower of the Super Weapons
- Four Super Weapons: the Hades Beam (wreaks total destruction), the Gorgon Burst (wipes out incoming fire and disables enemy spacecraft with an electromagnetic pulse), the Arcus Missile (a heat-seeking missile) and the Lambda Shield (deflects incoming fire back at enemies)
- Six epic missions and several memorable boss encounters to fight through